• Children's Week is celebrated in Orgrimmar and Stormwind City at the start of May and lasts for a week.
It is a time to give back to the innocents of war: the orphans!
• There is now a regular event in Gurubashi Arena in Stranglethorn Vale. Every three hours starting at midnight,
a pirate with too much treasure on his hands will drop a chest in the center of the arena.
Whoever can open the chest first gets the contents! Of course, the arena is a PvP Free for All area,
so there might be other players who are trying to open it first...
• Invasions by elementals at different locations on Kalimdor have reportedly been occurring sporadically every few days.
Concerned adventurers should investigate Silithus, Un'Goro Crater, Azshara
and Winterspring to counter these incursions.
• Level 60 mounts purchased at vendors now have a whole new look.
Faster undead mounts already have a different look and so have not changed.
The new mounts can be seen standing near the mount vendors. If you have one of the old fast mounts,
you can exchange it for one with a new look at the mount vendor.
• The Thorium Brotherhood faction is now peaceful - players cannot go to war with them.
• The Wildhammer Clan in the Hinterlands is now a peaceful faction to the Alliance,
meaning Alliance players cannot intentionally declare war on them.
• Additional mithril nodes have been added in Un'Goro crater.
• Buff Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer will now reach every player in Orgrimmar and Stormwind
on quest hand in at the same time.
• The talent costs has been reduced if you are using a higher level rate.
For example mage's arcane intellect costs 10 copper while using blizzlike rate,
it will costs only 5 copper while using x2 rates, etc.
• The Player versus Player Honor System is now active.
Players will be able to gain rankings based on their PvP performance,
with lucrative rewards for those who distinguish themselves on the field of battle!
• The Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley battlegrounds are now available.
The Warsong Gulch entrances may be found in the northern Barrens near the Mor'Shan Rampart (Horde)
and south of Silverwing Outpost in Ashenvale (Alliance).
The Alterac Valley entrances may be found east of Sofera's Naze in Alterac (Horde),
and in the Headlands of Alterac (Alliance).
• The following set items have had their art updated:
Arcanist Crown, Devout Crown and Mantle, Magister's Crown, Circlet of Prophecy, all parts of the Warrior "Might" set,
Lightforge Helm, Helm of Valor, Dreadmist Mask, Wildheart Cowl and Pauldrons, and Coif of Elements.
Other class sets will receive updated art in future patches.
• The following item sets have had their statistics, effects, and set bonuses updated:
Arcanist, Netherwind, Prophecy, Transcendence, Felheart, Nemesis, Cenarion, Stormrage Raiment, Nightslayer, Bloodfang,
Giantstalker, Dragonstalker, Earthfury, Ten Storms, Might, Wrath, Lawbringer, and Judgement.
• Tiny Black Whelping item changed to Dark Whelpling to reflect the name of the creature summoned.
• Pimgib's Collar is now unique.
• Garon Hutchins in Silithus now sells a VB Longneck. (Only for true Aussies!)
• Description of Onyxia's Head has been updated for xfaction. It now shows if the item is for Alliance or Horde.
• Frayed Abomination Stitchings are now considered to be uncommon items.
• Fordring's Seal has been improved with additional Stamina and Intellect.
• Ring of Protection's armor has been lowered, but the ring's Stamina has been increased.
• Voodoo Band has been slightly improved.
• Underworld Band is no longer unique.
• The Demon Forged Breastplate effect no longer requires channeling.
• The Amberseal Keeper's melee DPS has been reduced, but an additional +Spell Damage effect has been added instead.
• Warstrike Shoulder Pads have been improved.
• Living Leggings, Breastplate, and Shoulders now have Stamina, but had their Nature Resistance lowered.
• Legplates and Legguards of the Chromatic Defier have been improved.
• General Drakkisath will now drop 2-4 Blood of the Black Dragon Champion instead of 1.
• Mature Blue Dragon Sinew and The Eye of Shadow can both now drop off appropriate level demonic and
blue dragonkin monsters.
It should be noted that both Lord Kazzak and Azuregos will guarantee a drop of the aforementioned items,
but to get the items from the lesser creatures will be a much rarer occurrence.
• Murloc Scale Belt and Breastplate recipes now are white items instead of green since they are vendor bought.
• The Druid of the Claw quest in Teldrassil will now provide a weapon choice more appropriate for low level Night Elves.
• The Dreadmist set now has a bonus for wearing all 8 pieces of the set.
• Cutthroat's Loincloth name changed to Cutthroat's Pants.
• Ritual Kilt name changed to Ritual Leggings.
• Deepstrider Tumors are now a 100% drop off Deepstrider sea giants in Desolace.
• A significant number of additional engineering devices have been added to the world both as new recipes on vendors and
as drops on monsters in the higher level (50+) dungeons and in raids.
• Seven new blacksmithing recipes are available to seasoned blacksmiths via a series of turn-in quests.
• Three new armorsmithing recipes are available to master armorsmiths. All 3 recipes are gained via quest.
• Ghostweave Belt pattern is no longer bind on acquire.
• Flame Deflector and Frost Deflector now do an elemental damage absorb rather than a resistance increase.
• Minor Recombobulator now restores health and mana as well as removing polymorph effects.
• Requirements to make the Helm of Fire were reduced.
• New Engineering firework recipe added.
• Added leatherworking recipe for mid level blue bracers.
• Restorative Elixir name changed to Resorative Potion with potion cooldown timer.
Functionality has been changed so it should be more effective as it now dispels one
harmful effect every 5 seconds for 30 seconds.
• Two new transporter recipes have been added, with one for gnomish and one for goblin engineers.
Gnomish engineers can get their recipe from Gadgetzan, Goblin engineers from Everlook.
• Tribal Leatherworkers who have restarted their profession are now able to relearn the various Wild Leather patterns if
they've already completed the quests prior to restarting the profession.
Speak with Pratt McGrubben (Alliance) or Jangdor Swiftstrider (Horde) in Feralas to relearn what you once knew!
• Small Throrium Veins now sometimes will have Emeralds or Diamonds.
• Engineering Vendors now sell Blacksmith's Hammers.
• Wicked Leather Bracers Plan is no longer bind on acquire.
• Jumper Cables no longer have a chance to break when they fail.
• Elemental Flux added to blacksmith vendors.
• Searing Gorge has a new quest hub for both Alliance and Horde players called Thorium Point.
The supported level ranges are 45-52. Craftsmen will be happy to know that the
Thorium Brotherhood has opened up many new opportunities to gain favor amongst their clan.
• The Hinterlands has a new Horde quest hub known as Revantusk Village, located on the eastern coastline.
Horde players level 44-52 are encouraged to visit Revantusk Village and assist the Revantusk
with their myriad problems and tasks!
• All members of both the Horde and Alliance are reporting low stockpiles of various textile resources!
Donations of cloth are now being accepted in the following locations:
Darnassus, Stormwind, and Ironforge for the Alliance;
Orgrimmar, Undercity, and Thunder Bluff for the Horde.
Seek out an official Cloth Quartermaster for more information.
• Several quests have been added to Feralas for level 45-52 characters.
• Krueg Skullsplitter has moved from Thousand Needles to a more appropriate location at Camp Mojache in Feralas.
• Everyone's favorite Alliance quest, "Deep Ocean, Vast Sea" now gives
a substantial coin reward in addition to the choice of item.
• Bael'Gar, Lord Incendius, and Golem Lord Argelmach are now slightly lower level than previously.
This will provide a much better progression of creature and boss levels in Blackrock Depths.
• 20 new Rare items have been added to Scholomance.
• Several Uncommon items have been upgraded to Rare quality.
• Rattlegore, Jandice Barov, and Lord Alexei Barov will now always drop at least one Rare item.
• Ras Frostwhisper will always drop at least two Rare items.
• 26 new Rare items have been added to Stratholme.
• Several Uncommon items have been upgraded to Rare quality.
• Archivist Galford, Baroness Anastasi, Nerub'enkan, and Maleki the Pallid will now always drop at least one Rare item.
• Ragnaros should now drop 2 pieces of Tier 2 set.
• Players who defeat the Majordomo Executus encounter will now be rewarded with new epic items.
This reward will only be granted the first time the encounter is defeated
during the 6 day lifespan of a Molten Core instance.
• Prior to this patch, Molten Core boss creatures could drop items from one of two different tiered sets
for every character class. The loot tables have been changed so Molten Core bosses will now only drop items
from the lower tier class sets. The higher tier class set pieces that once dropped in Molten Core will be
found once again in Blackwing Lair, the next raiding zone scheduled for release in a future patch.
Posted by Nolin on 2018/08/22